Breeding Intern (m/f)
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department based in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for a Breeding Intern (m/f).
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
We are looking for students (m/f) interested in doing an internship within our R&D team at Dümmen Orange to support our breeding activities. Your daily tasks will range from pollination of crossing plants, support with organizational and patent application work, up to involvement in projects. You will take part in a dynamic team of breeding professionals, where proactivity, dedication and conciseness are valued. The minimum internship period is 2-3 months during end of June to mid-December 2018.
• Pollination/seed harvest
• Monitoring and control of pollination success
• Organizational and data administrative support of the breeding activities
• Description of plants for plant patent registration
• Assistance in breeding project work
• BSc or MSc student (m/f) in plant sciences/horticulture or in a related field
• Good command of English language, both verbal and written
• Proficient user skills in MS Office, particularly in Excel
• Enthusiasm for floriculture and breeding activities, proactive and well-structured approach, enjoys working in a (cross cultural) team
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees and interns. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. In addition, you will receive an internship fee as renumeration.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
We would like to receive your application documents - including motivation letter and resume – via E-mail to HR@dummenorange.com