Head Grower (m/f) Elite & Quarantine
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Elite & Quarantine department based in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for a Head Grower (m/f).
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. Our Elite & Quarantine department is responsible for building up of motherplant stock and for ensuring that only pathogen-free material is being utilized as “starting material” for our corporate production locations. As Head Grower (m/f) Elite & Quarantine Department you will assume grower’s responsibility for the full range of Dümmen Orange assortment with direct reporting line to our Elite Manager.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will take care for the implementation of good horticultural practice, specifically in the following areas:
• Irrigation and fertigation for our hydroponic Elite motherplants cultivation
• Evaluation of water analyses and calculation of fertilizer main solutions
• Climate management and handling of climate computer
• Pest and disease scouting
• Planning and implementation of plant protection and disinfection measures
• Arrangement of crop maintenance activities together with our Elite and Quarantine Team Leaders.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in horticulture, ideally with focus on ornamental plants (alternatively German Meister or Techniker education)
• Ideally several years of professional job experience in a similar floriculture business setting
• Knowledge in motherplant cultivation or in cultivation within hydroponic systems would be an asset
• Fluency in German (both written and oral), preferably with good English knowledge
• Sound user skills in MS Office
• Willingness to take over weekend services in regular rotation with other team members
• Enthusiasm for horticulture business, proactive and goal-oriented approach with high level of commitment, team player mindset.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about this job opportunity, you can contact Benjamin Göpferich (Location Manager Rheinberg), via B.Goepferich@DummenOrange.com or +49 2843 9299 238.