Oude Campsweg 35C, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department in De Lier we are looking for a Laboratory Intern.
About the position
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and challenging environment. Diagnostic tests are a crucial part of the product cycle within Dümmen Orange. We are looking for a student interested in doing an internship within the Research and Development team at Dümmen Orange. The internship will be at least for 5 months and preferably start in September 2018. As a Laboratory Intern you participate in the development and validation of new diagnostic test for plant health. Your daily activities will range from literature study, developing protocols, executing experiments in the laboratory, data analysis and reporting. In this position you will learn about plant pathogen interactions in ornamental crops and get acquainted with the research and development activities within the plant breeding sector. You take part in a young and dynamic team, where innovative thinking, and a proactive nature balanced with team collaboration are valued. You work in close collaboration with members of the Technology Development, Technology Application and Phytopathology teams, and report to the Associate Researcher Diagnostics.
• Develop and validate new diagnostic test for plant health.
• Design and execute experiments, analyse the results obtained and write reports.
• Plan your daily activities according to the project plants and keep timelines.
• HLO education (or BSc equivalent laboratory technical education)
• Preferably graduation internship.
• Knowledge of molecular detection methods.
• Interest in plant pathogen interactions.
• Interest in breeding companies.
• Good project management and interpersonal communication skills.
• Enjoys thinking out of the box, help to solve problems, being critical and work in a team.
• Excellent command of the English language, Dutch is a pre.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the internship, you can contact Kayleigh van der Hulst via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.