Manager Operational Excellence
Santa Ana, El Salvador
Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials.
We have several farms for the production of starting material in various parts of the world. On our farm in Santa Ana, El Salvador, we produce cuttings of bedding plants, begonias and poinsettias, on 28 hectares of modern greenhouses. Most cuttings are exported to North America. We employ around 600 permanent and 800 seasonal workers. For this farm we are looking for a young management talent with a green background, for the role of Manager Operational Excellence.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. Our offshore farms are constantly implementing new ways of working. As our Manager Operational Excellence you will have a key role in improving all internal work processes at the farm and make them more efficient. You will work with all disciplines at the farm, and you report to the farm manager.
This is a new function, so there’s plenty of room to give your own touch to it.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Analyze work processes, improve them and establish the improved processes;
• Improve internal planning;
• Keep work process descriptions up to date in Manual Masters;
• Be the driver of continuous improvement projects on the farm;
• Identify opportunities for efficiency improvement, make proposals and get them implemented.
• You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management, Agricultural Management, or Horticulture with emphasis on management or logistics;
• You are a quick thinker with an analytical mind. You have a knack for numbers, and good organizational and logistical skills;
• You have 2 to 5 years work experience, preferably in an international environment;
• Experience abroad through work or an internship is a big pre;
• You are willing to move to El Salvador;
• You speak Spanish, at least at an intermediate level;
• You are open minded and interested in different cultures.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Carl Kroon, Regional Manager Central America, via C.Kroon@DummenOrange.com or skype: carl.kroon.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.