Research Assistant Plant Physiology
Oude Campsweg 35C, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department in De Lier, we are looking for a Research Assistant Plant Physiology.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Research Assistant Plant Physiology, you will strengthen the team of Plant Physiology. You will independently as well as in a team execute our plant physiology projects. The main focus is on the production of our rooted and unrooted cuttings through a fundamental approach. Your tasks range from literature study, plant maintenance, plant phenotyping and measurements, to statistical analysis and reporting. Your responsibilities are a dynamic combination of hands-on activities and project reporting. You will work in close collaboration with members of the Technology Development team based in our R&D center in De Lier and report to the Project Lead Plant Physiology.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Strengthen our freedom to operate through collection of public and private information and processing this through literature reports;
• Design and execute experiments for our ornamental crops related to physiology;
• Plan activities according to project plans and keeping timelines;
• Analyze and translate results and report to the Project Lead Plant Physiology.
• MSc in Biology, Plant Sciences or Plant Breeding;
• Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both verbal and written;
• Knowledge of plant physiology, breeding and genetics;
• Familiar with microscopy, phenotyping methods, image analysis, statistics and general laboratory skills;
• Analytical mindset and strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
• Ability to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams, and in collaboration with several internal departments;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Adeline Rigal (Project Lead Plant Physiology), via +31 174 530 100.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.