Senior Account Manager Bulbs and Tubers
Leidsevaart 122, Noordwijkerhout, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our calla business, we are looking for a Senior Account Manager.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Senior Account Manager, you are responsible to optimize our sales of callas and other bulb products and develop current accounts as well as explore new accounts internationally. You sell Dümmen Orange portfolio of callas and other specialty bulbs at optimal margins to growers (and distributors) while you provide support and information on product selection, planning, cultivation and market developments.
Your tasks & responsibilities
• Define and implement crop sales strategies together with management team;
• Optimize and actively enlarge sales by increasing share of wallet at existing customers and searching for new sales opportunities to achieve sales targets;
• Actively support and inform customers regarding product selection, trials, planning, cultivation and market developments;
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs;
• Sharing technical knowledge of our portfolio and introduce new varieties at customers;
• Deliver commercial input for selection processes in breeding;
• Bridge to finance: provide accurate forecast and manage account receivables;
• Promote Dümmen Orange products and branding, participate in shows, trials, open days and other events;
• Ensure that all the commercial activities are compliant with company policies and guidelines.
• Relevant bachelor degree in Sales, Business Management or Horticulture/ Agriculture;
• Minimum of three years of proven work experience in a similar job, preferably in Horticulture/Agriculture;
• Good command of English language, both verbal and written;
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, preferably also Salesforce and ERP applications;
• Proven commercial skills and mind-set, customer and service oriented;
• Positive and proactive mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration;
• Well organized, detail oriented and able to work independently;
• Highly motivated and ability to learn new things and develop;
• Proven analytical skills and familiarity with data analysis and reporting;
• Willingness to travel internationally 50% of the time.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Rob Geerlings (Sales Director Bulbs and Tubers), via tel. +31 252 370 300.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.