Team Leader (m/f) Quarantine Greenhouse
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Elite department based in Rheinberg/Germany, we are looking for a Team Leader (m/f) for our Quarantine greenhouse department .
Our organization grows and flourishes via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. In the Quarantine greenhouse department we assess and test our plants varieties on pathogens by diverse laboratory tests and bioassays. The aim is to ensure pathogen free starting material for our breeding and production facilities and eventually our customers. As Team Leader (m/f) you will be responsible for running the operation of the Quarantine greenhouse department working with a wide range of crops. Your location will be our brand new facility (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBuESywfrrs), where also the Library(Elite) operation is located. The two operations will be working closely together but under strict hygiene circumstances.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform operational planning, incl. order processing, shipments and organizing of pathogen tests,
• Provide daily guidance and supervise a team of 5 permanent employees,
• Organize and supervise the operational tasks,
• Inform and update stakeholders worldwide about the state of progress,
• Evaluate test results and develop bioassays.
• Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture/Agriculture or educational background as botanical lab technician,
• Proven work experience in a comparable job, preferably in horticulture,
• Basic grower’s experience,
• Familiar with aseptic techniques and/or knowhow of plant pathogens,
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel,
• Fluency in German and preferably advanced English skills, both written and oral,
• Analytical skills, high level of detail orientation, hands-on mentality , ability to motivate personnel, team player mindset and drive for improvement.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job.
If you have questions about this job opportunity, you can contact Frans de Bloois (Elite Manager), via +31 630 442 802.