Associate Breeder Rose & Fillers (Kenya)
Dümmen Orange is centralizing the Rose and Filler breeding activities for East-Africa in Naivasha (Kenya) and is looking for an “Associate Breeder” with passion for product innovation and breeding processes.
- Coordination, preparation and completion of breeding activities and flower trials;
- Collecting, digital processing (e.g. in software program Ebrida) and analyzing phenotypic and genotypic crop properties;
- Reporting on the progress of activities and making recommendations for adjustments and improvement of (breeding) processes;
- Ensuring the implementation of new developments into the breeding processes.
- Completed BSc or MSc program in Life Sciences, preferably in Plant Breeding;
- Good command of English;
- Team player with pragmatic setting;
- Affinity with plant breeding and an eye for details.
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. Its annual turnover is approximately 260 million euros. The company employs more than 7.000 people worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a strong network of production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume by email to HR.NL@DummenOrange.com. If you have any questions, you can contact Paul Maris (Breeding Director Cut Flowers), via + 31 6 306 77 300.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.