Operations Manager – Kenya
Dümmen Orange is one of the leading breeding companies focused on cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, tropical plants and perennials. For our Production Team in Embu (Kenya) we are looking for a Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the orders, planning and delivery processes of various key pot plant/bedding/cut flower crops at our production location in Kenya. All three processes need to be optimized and aligned by keeping track of farm rules, labour and KPI’s. When deviations occur the Operations Manager steps in and acts. This includes space, product and sourcing. Your work location will be Embu, Kenya.
• Be a gatekeeper of the production location: maintain, protect and execute the farm rules;
• Be the head planner of the production location: production coefficient evaluation, surface planning and inplants;
• Be a people manager: manage labour (150 FTE), ensure staff is well trained, motivated and ensure clear individual development plans are in place;
• Be a business developer: be innovative and ready for impovement, for example lean management;
• Be a controller: go round on the production location and check whether what has to be done is done;
• Be an analyst: provide overviews on budget performance, labour accountability and create KPI‘s on production.
• Bachelor or Master in Horticulture, Agriculture, Production and Logistic or Supply Chain Management;
• Minimum of three years of work experience in the field of floriculture or professional experience within horticulture (or related fields);
• Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration;
• Good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office applications, particularly with Excel;
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. Its annual turnover is approximately 260 million euros. The company employs more than 7.300 people worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a strong network of production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume by email to HR.NL@DummenOrange.com. If you have any questions, you can contact Willem Selen (Operations Manager Kenya), +254 (0)717 610 776.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.