PROJECT LEAD BULB INNOVATIONS
De Lier, Netherlands
As Project Lead Bulb Innovations your aim is to increase the efficiency and impact of our bulb breeding programs through the development and implementation of new culturing technologies. Technologies within your scope are cell biology, plant physiology and new trait discovery. Your responsibilities include innovating culturing methods and multiplication methods, reducing the breeding cycle and identifying new traits related to these activities. Daily activities are a dynamic combination of hands-on activities, project management and direct & indirect people leadership. You take part in an expanding, multi-disciplinary team of researchers that closely interact with our ever growing team of plant breeders. You have flexible access to facilities in both the R&D center in De Lier and the R&D site in Lisse. In this position, you report to the research director of Dümmen Orange.
- Initiate, lead and execute research projects focused on innovating physiology and cell biology activities for our bulbous crops;
- Collect and maintain our genetic resources database related to our bulbous crops and manage our compliance to global rules and policies;
- Strengthen the knowledge base of Dümmen Orange regarding our prioritized traits;
- Expand our freedom-to-operate and intellectual property position;
- Provide direct and functional leadership to individuals and teams;
- Guide the implementation of new breeding techniques.
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. Its annual turnover is approximately 200 million euros. The company employs more than 6,000 people worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a strong network of production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
- A PhD in plant breeding, plant physiology or plant cell biology;
- Knowledge of plant breeding and genetics;
- Experience with project management;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent command of the English language, Dutch is preferred.
For more information on our company you can visit our website: DummenOrange.com. For information on the job you can contact Tosca Ferber (0174-530100).
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume by email to HR.NL@DummenOrange.com.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.