The technical manager, will be responsible for managing technical processes in the company and will be overall responsible to give technical advice in the company. He will also need to lead technology development within technical department to ensure that the company has a clear technical plan and proper policies and procedure to ensure operational excellence.
POSITION JOB DESCRIPTION
- Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases and daily operations
- To develop procedures for preventive maintenance schedule for all farm equipment / machinery
- To evaluate project proposals and evaluate feasibility and deal with the outside contractors to ascertain that they provide quality services to the company
- To ensure that all equipment’s are properly serviced and that they are in good condition at all times
- Guiding the team through the development, testing and implementation stages and review the completed work effectively
- Provide direction and technical expertise for all equipment and machinery
- Making quick decisions and to solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for projects implementation
- Identify resource and equipment required in the company and do a cost analysis of the technical department assets
- Must provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members
- Ensure standard operating procedures and project guidelines are in place
- Planning, budgeting and reporting on projects in the company
Skills, Competencies, Experience
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering
- 5 Years experience in a similar or related position.
- Experience in flower industry/setup
- Project Management skills
- Thorough knowledge in usage and/handling of agricultural equipment/machinery and computerized irrigation system
- Possess strong management, organization and communication skills.
- Must be pro-active and a strategic thinker
- Detail-oriented, methodical and highly organised in their work, and practices strict adherence to timelines and work schedules.
Interested persons submit their Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 3rd March, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.