Breeding Assistant Annuals (6 months)
Oude Campsweg 35C, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department in De Lier we are looking for a Breeding Assistant Annuals.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. As Breeding Assistant Annuals you have passion for breeding processes and product innovation. You will work in a highly motivated team developing new commercial bedding varieties with (combinations of) unique innovative traits for our customers.
This position concerns maternity leave from March up to and including August 2020.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Preparation and coordination of daily breeding activities with amongst flower trials and diagnostics;
• Collecting and analyzing of phenotypic and genotypic data in our breeding database;
• Reporting on the progress of breeding activities and making recommendations for adjustments and improvement of systems and processes;
• Ensuring the implementation of new developments into the breeding processes.
• Completed BSc in Life Sciences, preferably in Plant Breeding;
• Good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
• Affinity with breeding processes and systems and an eye for detail;
• Analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and team player facilitating cross-functional collaboration.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Arjan Koot (Breeding Manager Beddings), via + 31 6 120 99 500.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.