Coldenhovelaan 6, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Customer Operations department, we are looking for a Pricing Manager.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. The Pricing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the tactical & operational pricing processes within the company as well as for designing plugs into our existing systems. This role is extremely relevant for the business by not just improving profitability but also by supporting the organization to develop new capabilities and a culture focused on value creation within an effective sales and pricing framework.
The Pricing Manager is a new function, established to help build a critical pricing capability within the Dümmen Orange group. The work location is flexible within our locations in the Netherlands or Germany.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Implement & manage the Tactical & Operational Pricing Process:
- Update surcharges and create Price Build-up (defined by “Base Price” and “Price Differentials” segment specific).
- Develop pricing strategies at various crop and market levels in line with our business strategy. Mapping of realistic and margin-maximizing scenarios.
- Identify improvement opportunities, analysis of price spread and identification of margin leakage.
- Modeling of price and volume scenarios to derive target price setting.
- Provide clear guidance, support, leadership and where required change management in the execution of the pricing proposals.
• Develop and maintain structured pricing systems:
- Maintain a pricing dashboard and develop KPI’s.
- Manage the yearly price adjustment calendar.
- Develop practical pricing models and tools.
• Master degree, emphasis in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent work experience in cost accounting or pricing.
• Minimum of three years of proven work experience in a pricing-related function.
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
• Ability to dig into detail, manage complexity and drive decision making.
• Able to lead by influence and work effectively in a matrixed organization both with peer and upper levels.
• Adept in statistical and value modelling approaches.
• An understanding of the global horticultural / agricultural markets would be a plus, but not required.
• Drive for improvements and motivated by rapidly changing organizations.
• Good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Kevin Laros (Customer Operations Director EMEA), via K.Laros@DummenOrange.com or 0174 530 100.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.