Regional Sales and Operations Planning Manager
250 South High Street, Columbus, OH, USA
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Supply Chain department in Columbus, OH we are looking for a Regional Sales and Operations Planning Manager.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As a Regional Sales and Operations Planning Manager (reporting to the Regional Supply Chain Director) you will lead the development of the Sales and Operations Planning process. This role will be responsible for the monthly/seasonal demand and supply planning processes and lead in the overall process, systems, and governance landscape. This individual will drive key objectives including improved sales basis, forecasting accuracy, improvements to operational efficiencies, optimizing inventory performance and improving service levels. This role will escalate key business issues into the process for cross-functional decision making.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the monthly S&OP process.
- Liaison cross regionally with Global and Regional S&OP Leadership
- Define the underpinning meetings required to support the S&OP process
- Define the calendar cross functionally and facilitate the monthly meetings.
- Partner with functional champions (Product Management, Sales, Production and Finance to identify KPIs, tracking progress to plan and collaborating with key stakeholders to drive improved business performance.
- Document and communicate key actions and decisions to drive organizational alignment around the monthly plans.
- Lead the monthly S&OP plan collaborating across the organization.
- Establish demand planning measures and controls with a closed loop root cause and corrective action process to improve forecast bias and accuracy.
- Collaborate closely cross functionally to develop accurate demand plans while supporting the optimization of supply and inventory plans. Establish a single Regional plan.
- Identify gaps to supply and demand alignment leading teams to identify scenarios to mitigate and prepare recommendations for senior leadership review.
- Integrate key processes including but not limited to customer forecasts, statistical forecast models, and targeted service levels, demand & supply variability (including supplier performance), Support overall roadmap to achieve objectives, including process, application support tools, policies, and control mechanisms.
- Establish the mechanism to track overall S&OP process maturity and lead key process improvement initiatives.
- Assist in identifying process and technology gaps & the selection and implementation of supporting tools & applications.
- Directly manage the supporting team of demand planners, analysts, and supply planners
- Publication of Key Supply Chain Performance Metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or business.
- 5-10 years of sales and operations planning with experiencing leading a demand planning team.
- Horticulture Industry experience preferred
- Experience in implementing a global S&OP
- APICS or related certifications desired.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Track record for achieving results in a matrix environment
- Results oriented focused individual with a knack for continuous improvement.
- Hands on leader/coach
- A sense of urgency, a passion for winning, and enthusiasm for translating big ideas into realistic, pragmatic executable plans
- Background with statistical modeling & analytically minded
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.