Regional Supply Chain Planner
250 South High Street, Columbus, OH, USA
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Supply Chain department in Columbus, OH we are looking for a Regional Supply Chain Planner.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
The Regional Planner Position will act as Supply Chain liaison between the production farms and the North American Sales, and Product Management Teams. The chief goal of the position is to strike an effective connection between what our farms produce for North America and what our clients demand, with consideration to new and upcoming cultivars and product forms as well as future trends in our industry.
Further, when the production farms encounter any deviation from our stated plans, the Regional Planner will facilitate communication of the changes to our Supply Chain, Customer Service, and Sales Managers.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Analysis and Forecasting for accurate production planning
- Review input of inventory for accuracy with production farms
- Review and address ongoing inventory vs. demand contingency plans with production farms to avoid order changes for clients
- Communicate future inventory plans and weekly action with key production partners. – communicate deviations from plans as necessary..
- Build relationships with key production partners.
- Maintain follow-up consistency with key production partners for timely reporting.
- Liaison of communication between key production partners, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Product Managers and Sales Managers
- Manage operating and availability issues through a production contingency plan.
- Regulate weekly cut off procedures.
- Manual input of inventory/production numbers when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture Management, Supply Chain or Business Management
- 3-5 years’ experience in Inventory/Production Management
- Strong computer and data base knowledge. Experience with ERP, MRP and other Supply Chain Inventory Planning Tools
- Working knowledge of S&OP Cycle
- Excellent Communication skills – Bilingual English/Spanish/Dutch preferred. Frequent contact with Internationally based business partners in Europe and Central America
- Ability to work in a team and independently- self starter
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and requirements.
- Valid Passport
- Some weekend, overtime work required
- International Travel – 10%
- General Office Working Environment
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7,300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact us via email at jobs.US@dummenorange.com
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.