Research Associate Phytopathology
Oude Campsweg 35C, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. Our organization grows and flourishes. To strengthen our research department in De Lier, we are looking for a Research Associate Phytopathology.
With your background in phytopathology, phenotyping methods, experimental design, statistics and project management you contribute to improve the Dümmen Orange breeding programs worldwide by designing and executing phytopathology projects. Daily activities are dynamic, ranging from office based tasks to hands-on activities in the greenhouse, climate cell and laboratory. You work both independently and as part of a team within and between disciplines (including Genetics and Trait Discovery). You manage a network of stakeholders such as operations and breeding. In this role you report to the Project Lead phytopathology and are based in De Lier with flexibility to travel frequently to other company locations in North- and South-Holland.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Write and manage project plans and reports;
• Design, execute and analyze bio-assays;
• Write literature reviews and protocols;
• Interpret and report results obtained from experiments. Being able to analyze experimental data using statistical programs such as R is a plus;
• Support other activities in the phytopathology and other research teams;
• Perform scouting activities for novel relevant methods, tools and technologies.
• MSc degree plus work experience in plant sciences or other relevant breeding technology fields, preferably in phytopathology & entomology;
• Experience with experimental design, data collection, visualization and statistical analysis are crucial;
• Able to manage a diversity of activities and communication with stakeholders;
• Able to work independently and in collaboration with other colleagues inside and outside the phytopathology team;
• Analytical and critical mindset with strong problem solving, practical and pro-active attitude;
• Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language, both verbal and written, Dutch is preferred.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Hans van den Biggelaar (Project Lead Phytopathology) via +31 174 530 100.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.